Join and Support
January 19, 2014, 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. - Membership Auditons with Tertia Foerster, Chair, at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, 1529 Wauwatosa Ave., Wauwatosa.
New Member Audition Announcement or Flyer.
$35 Annual Dues, nonrefundable
Performing Membership Application Form
- A master's degree or higher in a specific study of applied music, or
- a distinguished performance history approved by the MacDowell Club Board of Directors, or
- by Audition
- Pianists must be prepared to play the first Allegro movement of a sonata of the Classical era and a contrasting composition from the standard repertoire of the Romantic or Modern school.
- Organists must be prepared to play a major Bach Prelude and Fugue and a contrasting composition from the standard repertoire of the Romantic or Modern school.
- Harpsichordists and Fortepianists must be prepared to play two contrasting works from the instrument's standard Baroque or Classical repertoire.
- Orchestral and Other Instrumentalists must be prepared to play the first movement of a standard sonata, concerto, or work for that particular instrument, plus a contrasting composition from the standard repertoire. Bring your own accompanist.
- Vocalists must be prepared to sing a major aria from an opera or oratorio and a composition from the standard repertoire of a contrasting period. Bring your own accompanist.
- Accompanists must be prepared to play a solo piano composition from the standard repertoire plus a prepared accompaniment (approved by the Auditions Chairperson) with a soloist of their own choosing.
- Composers must submit scores and recordings of two differing works, i.e. vocal or choral (with or without accompaniment); instrumental solo (with or without accompaniment); instrumental/ mixed ensemble; composer's choice. The composer need not be present.
$25 Annual Dues, nonrefundable
Ensemble Membership Application Form
- Requirements - Must be prepared to perform two contrasting works from their standard repertoire. Performers will be accepted specifically as Ensemble Members; solo membership will require a separate audition. The audition fee is $35 for the entire ensemble and covers the first year's membership. Thereafter, annual ensemble membership is $25 per person.
$30 Annual Dues, nonrefundable
Associate Membership Application Form
- Requirements - Everyone is welcome!
- Complete the fill-in-the-blank appropriate Membership Application Form
- Print the Form
- Mail the Form with your check for the correct amount to:
- MacDowell Club of Milwaukee
- c/o Sheri Masiakowski, Treasurer
- 5589 Arrowwood Street
- Greendale, WI 53129-1365
Any questions, please write, or phone 414-403-1046. Thank you.